Subject: Re: Hinode Observing Schedule for August

From: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:54:08 +0000 (UTC)

Dear prof. Culhane,

thanks a lot for sending us your email on Hinode observing schedule for August 2007.

We are very obliged that our HOP020 was granted with 6 observing days. We do hope
we will be able to acquire some good data sets with HINODE and DOT/LaPalma           
simultaneously.

We are ready to consider to join with the DOT (at our disposal) following the targets 
selected by other group for the rest of the days. We do hope a lot can be done in August
on this topic as we expect similar interests of the groups. Two proposal will use
the SST so our local DOT observer, Peter Gomory, can be in close contact with  
these group also personally.

With many thanks and best wishes

Jan Rybak, on behalf of the DOT+SOHO189+HOP020 team

TL, 02/08/2007

**************************************************************************
* Jan Rybak                   tel.  : ++421 52 7879 156 (111 secretary)  *
* Astronomical Institute      fax   : ++421 52 4467 656                  *
* Slovak Academy of Sciences  email : [email-masked]                      *
* 05960 Tatranska Lomnica     WWW   : http://www.astro.sk/~choc          *
* Slovak Republic                                                        *
**************************************************************************

---

From: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 13:09:57 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Len,

sorry for disturbing you for a moment but reading in detail the HOPs for August
I would like just to suggest how to exploit the August Hinode time in a better way
without and change of the schedule:

- HOP026 (Bloomfield) has got days 8/9-8/17,
- this program has not asked for the EIS support,
- their targets are very similar to our ones. 

Therefore, would it be possible to run EIS with our EIS program on these days?
Of course in case we - HOP020 and 026 - will agree on usage of our EIS studies and 
on selecting the same target. (But maybe EIS is planning to run other studies 
independently from HOP021 program).

In case your answer will be positive, I will try to suggest this arrangement 
(and our type of EIS studies) to Bloomfield and his HOP026 team. Only after our 
agreement will be made, we can realize this idea.

I hope this strange ideas will not disappoint you. We are very happy with the Hinode
days we were granted for August. This is just an idea to get more for both
HOP026 and 020 groups without any change of the August Hinode schedule.

With best wishes for the weekend

Jan Rybak

TL, 3/8/07