Subject: Re: JOP185 - April 18 - mode

From: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:35:07 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Dr. Wolfson,

many thanks for your first email!
 
> As Dawn noted, I'll be the TRACE Planner this coming week.
> If you know which of the three modes you'll be running in
> before you've picked the pointing it is useful to hear your
> decision and take care of that part of the timeline while
> "waiting" for the pointing. And vice versa, actually.

For Apr 18 we would like to keep the 1550 channel as the main one,
as it was during the Eastern days.
 
> Hope you get some good seeing. Sounds like it has been
> pretty sparse thus far.

For all the days except today it was true. Fortunately this morning 
seeing was moderate and we were able to acquire 4 time series of spectra 
at SST supported by the DOT imaging. So Apr 15 was the first day when all 
the instruments selected for the campaign were working properly focused 
at the quite region north from the spot of the AR 10873!

There is a web page related to the campaign where you can read
my last notes and a continuosly extended summary of the campaign:
http://www.astro.sk/~choc/06_campaign/06_campaign.html

I shall send tou the pointing for Apr 18 on Apr 17 just after midday [UT].

With best wishes from La Palma

Jan Rybak, leader of the JOP185 anf the SST+DOT/LaPalma campaign
           http://www.astro.sk/~choc/06_campaign/06_campaign.html

ORM, La Palma, 15/04/2006

**************************************************************************
* Jan Rybak                   tel.  : ++421 52 78791-56 (-11 secretary)  *
* Astronomical Institute      fax   : ++421 52 4467 656                  *
* Slovak Academy of Sciences  email : [email-masked]                      *
* 05960 Tatranska Lomnica     WWW   : http://www.astro.sk/~choc          *
* Slovak Republic                                                        *
**************************************************************************