Subject: TRACE support for JOP189 - Aug 3-31

From: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 05:26:55 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Dawn or David McKenzie (planner in charge),

as I have promised I repeat our wish for the TRACE support of our campaign as you have
informed me that TRACE support is possible:

>Return-Path: <[email-masked]>
>Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 14:45:04 -0400
>To: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
>cc: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>, Peter Gomory <[email-masked]>,
>        [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: request for the TRACE support
>
>The TRACE team talked over your proposal and the others during your
>observing period and here is what we propose. We can support the
>microflares campaign from 20 - 31 August. For the 03 - 20 August if no
>good target for the various filaments and prominence campaigns present
>themselves then we can possibly support microflares. 

Our target : network regions or  active regions (if available) near the disk center
Our prime observing time: 07:00-13:30 UT
Our channel: 171 + (WL, 1600, Lyman alpha) each ~10 minutes

For any case I will send you our target coordinated for our camapign starting Aug 3.
Of course, we understand that for the period 03 - 20 August the filament and prominence 
campaigns are the priority.

There is a dedicated web page for our DOT+SOHO+HINODE campaign at
http://www.astro.sk/~choc/open/07_dot/07_dot.html where details on our
goals and coordination of instruments involved are given in detail.

I stay tuned for your answers in hope for fruitful cooperation (as usually).

With best wishes

Jan Rybak

TL, 31/7/2007

**************************************************************************
* Jan Rybak                   tel.  : ++421 52 7879 156 (111 secretary)  *
* Astronomical Institute      fax   : ++421 52 4467 656                  *
* Slovak Academy of Sciences  email : [email-masked]                      *
* 05960 Tatranska Lomnica     WWW   : http://www.astro.sk/~choc          *
* Slovak Republic                                                        *
**************************************************************************

---

From: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 05:19:23 +0000 (UTC)

Dear David,

many thanks for your immediate answer.

> Thanks for your message.  Yes, please send us your target 
> coordinates for JOP 189, and we will attempt to support it when we're not 
> busy with the other campaigns.  For each day we ask for the pointing 
> information by 1500UT on the day prior (e.g., for 03-August observations, 
> I need to know the target by 1500UT on 02-August).  For the weekend, we 
> write our timelines on Friday; consequently the Saturday-Sunday-Monday 
> target (Aug 4-5-6) should be announced by 1500UT on Friday (Aug 3).

Perfect news! I will do sending targets according your schedule.

For your TRACE weekly planning meeting on Thursdays (at 11.30am PDT/12.30pm 
MDT/2.30pm EDT):

JOP 189: preference time slot: 07:00-13:30 UT
         program: full FOV 171 AEC w/WL, 1600A, 1550A, 1216 images every ~10 minutes   

>  	Next week's TRACE planner is Dr. Aki Takeda.  She & I are both at 
> Montana State University, so the handoff should be relatively seamless.

Very good. Please reply with her email address. Otherwise I will use just
[email-masked] in order to contact her.

>  	Clear Skies,

Peter Gomory from our team is leaving for La Palma to join the DOT team to do our
the best to get also perfect DOT data. Fortunately the fire will start also on
La Palma (as Tenerife is in fire...).

With many thanks for your support in advance

Jan Rybak, on behalf of the JOP189 team

TL, 1/8/2007

PS: web of the JOP189: http://www.astro.sk/~choc/open/07_dot/07_dot.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
>  	David
> 
> 
> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Jan Rybak wrote:
> 
> >
> __  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  __
> David E. McKenzie, Ph.D.       	   [email-masked]
> Montana State University			Phone: (406) 994-7843
> Dept. of Physics	    http://solar.physics.montana.edu/mckenzie
>  			"Luceo, non uro"
> __  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  __
>