Subject: Request for TRACE support

From: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:27:19 +0000 (UTC)

Dear TRACE colleagues,

although TRACE is approaching the winter eclipse season I would like 
to ask you for the TRACE support of the following g-b VTT/Tenerife 
(Canary Islands, Spain) observing campaign, if the eclipse season 
would permit such observations:

- title:  Spectroscopy of the quiet solar photosphere: properties 
	  of the shocks and location of the acoustic flux generation

- period: 2006.11.16-2006.11.26 (16 days)

- leader : Ales Kucera ([email-masked])
- coordinator of the TRACE support: Jan Rybak ([email-masked])

- proposal: http://www.astro.sk/~choc/open/06_opticon_vtt/proposal/
                   kucera_vtt_2006_proposal.pdf

- campaign approved and granted by the observing time of VTT:
  VTT schedule: http://www.kis.uni-freiburg.de/obsvtt/vttplan2006.pdf

- targets: quit sun near the disk center or at mju~0.5, 
           target selected day in advance according to actual situation on
           the Sun

- procedure: - sequences of 1216 A images 
               interrupted with a set of WL, 1600A, 1550A images every ~10
               minutes for context,
             - exposure time specified using the automatic mode
             - 1024x1024 or 512x512 images

- TRACE period requested: 18/11-26/11/2006

- TRACE time requested: each day from 08:00 till 12:00 UT if possible

Operation of the campaign will be performed directly at Tenerife at
the VTT but using my home email address [email-masked].

At first I have checked your TRACE future observing plans
http://chippewa.nascom.nasa.gov/TRACE/current_plan.txt without any
other program. Of course, except the winter eclipse season... 

Looking forward to hear from you whether you can support our g-b
observations with your superb TRACE images again and with many
thanks beforehand

Jan Rybak

31/10/2006

********************************************************************
* Jan Rybak                    tel.   : ++421 52 7879 156          *
* Astronomical Institute       fax    : ++421 52 4467 656          *
* Slovak Academy of Sciences   e-mail : [email-masked]              *
* 05960 Tatranska Lomnica      WWW    : http://www.astro.sk/~choc  *
* Slovak Republic                                                  *
********************************************************************