Subject: Re: JOP 185

From: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:56:04 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Danielle,

> I hope that JOP 185 is going well.

Yes, the CDS at L2 and TRACE on the orbit are doing their best, but here at LaPalma
we have had only one good day so far (Apr15). Still either clouds, or bad seeing...
 
> When you are ready, please can you send me the pointing for the 19th
> April. 

I have laready sent it in the email to all planner:

JO185 - April 19: target position  X = +900", Y = -70" (i.e. southwest from AR10871, 
                                   enhanced network/faculae).
 
> If you can provide pointing for the 20th as well, that would be
> very helpful.

Could we wait till Apr 19 midday? The problem we have is that the adaptive optics of the
SST needs a small spot under the moderate seeing conditions to close the loop. There
is a change that such a spot will apprear in the new emerging AR (E35,S5, 18/4/06 08:00).
Therefore we would like to decide on the target for Apr 20 only tomorrow using the new
morning images from MDI. 
If you need it urgently today just reply and we will try to decide.

> Just so that you know, I have fitted in vardyn_a on the 19th - and
> vardyn_b on the 20th.

Many thanks for your information. Both runs starting just before 07:00 are completely
ok for us as it was e.g. on Apr 14,15,16.

With best wishes and many thanks for your cooperation beforehand

Jan Rybak, leader of the JOP185 anf the SST+DOT/LaPalma campaign
           http://www.astro.sk/~choc/06_campaign/06_campaign.html

ORM, La Palma, 18/04/2006

**************************************************************************
* Jan Rybak                   tel.  : ++421 52 78791-56 (-11 secretary)  *
* Astronomical Institute      fax   : ++421 52 4467 656                  *
* Slovak Academy of Sciences  email : [email-masked]                      *
* 05960 Tatranska Lomnica     WWW   : http://www.astro.sk/~choc          *
* Slovak Republic                                                        *
**************************************************************************

> Regards,
> Danielle