Subject: SSW- : problems with XCFIT.PRO

From: Jan Rybak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:03:55 +0000 (GMT)

Dear colleagues,

would anybody recommend me how to over come the following problem
with the XCFIT.PRO using IDL Version 5.6 under x86 linux at PC.

Starting XCFIT, selecting one line and trying to 'Add component..' 
the procedure XCFIT is stopped giving the following message :

% XMANAGER: Caught unexpected error from client application. Message follows...
% Expression must be a structure in this context: INFO.
% Execution halted at:  CWF_COMPONENT_REALIZE_COLOR  300 /usr/local/ssw/gen/idl/fitting/cwf_component.pro
%                       CWF_COMPONENT     368 /usr/local/ssw/gen/idl/fitting/cwf_component.pro
%                       CWF_FIT           138 /usr/local/ssw/gen/idl/fitting/cwf_fit.pro
%                       XCFIT_REMAKE      424 /usr/local/ssw/gen/idl/fitting/xcfit.pro
%                       XCFIT_ADDCOMP     556 /usr/local/ssw/gen/idl/fitting/xcfit.pro
%                       XCFIT_EVENT       657 /usr/local/ssw/gen/idl/fitting/xcfit.pro
%                       XMANAGER_EVLOOP_FAKE_MODAL  568 /usr/local/rsi/idl/lib/xmanager.pro
%                       XMANAGER          706 /usr/local/rsi/idl/lib/xmanager.pro
%                       XCFIT            1064 /usr/local/ssw/gen/idl/fitting/xcfit.pro
%                       $MAIN$

Checking the INFO structure at line 300 in cwf_component.pro I have found that
starting to execute this line the INFO variable is undefined...
It seems that it is again a problem with the widgets in IDL but not in version
5.6 instead of 5.0. The previous one was solved by 

;               Version 6, SVHH, 15 September 1997
;                       Tried (again!) to fix IDL v 5.0 widgets...

My SSW installation is updated daily.

Many thanks beforehand for your ideas

Jan Rybak

*****************************************************************************
*    Jan Rybak                       tel.   : ++421 52 4467 866-8 (work)    *
*    Astronomical Institute                 : ++421 52 7729 245   (home)    *
*    Slovak Academy of Sciences      fax    : ++421 52 4467 656   (work)    *
*    05960 Tatranska Lomnica         e-mail : [email-masked]                 *
*    Slovak Republic                 WWW    : http://www.astro.sk/~choc     *
*****************************************************************************