Subject: Hinode Observing Schedule for August

From: "Len Culhane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 11:57:13 +0100

Dear Hinode Observing Programme Leaders,

There were a number of conflicting requests for coordinated ground-based
observations for the last three weeks of August. All four requested Hinode
observations during prime daytime hours for Canary Island telescopes.

At the recent Hinode Monthly Planning Meeting, the attached schedule was
agreed and I was asked to distribute the details to you. 

Can you please contact the responsible Hinode team member for further
information. 

During the actual observations, it will be important for you to be in
contact with the appropriate Hinode instrument Chief Observers to agree
final pointing details.

Details of all HOPs are given at:

http://www.isas.jaxa.jp/home/solar/hinode_op/hop_list.php 

Regards

Len Culhane

---

From: "Len Culhane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:36:02 +0100

Dear Jan,

Sorry for delayed reply. In fact EIS will be undertaking core observations
during the HOP 26 and HOP 21 observing intervals.

Regards and best wishes

Len 

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Rybak [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 03 August 2007 14:10
To: Len Culhane
Cc: Jan Rybak; Jan Rybak; Peter Gomory; Astrid Veronig; Manuela Temmer;
Sigrid Stoiser
Subject: Re: Hinode Observing Schedule for August

Dear Len,

sorry for disturbing you for a moment but reading in detail the HOPs for
August
I would like just to suggest how to exploit the August Hinode time in a
better way
without and change of the schedule:

- HOP026 (Bloomfield) has got days 8/9-8/17,
- this program has not asked for the EIS support,
- their targets are very similar to our ones. 

Therefore, would it be possible to run EIS with our EIS program on these
days?
Of course in case we - HOP020 and 026 - will agree on usage of our EIS
studies and 
on selecting the same target. (But maybe EIS is planning to run other
studies 
independently from HOP021 program).

In case your answer will be positive, I will try to suggest this arrangement

(and our type of EIS studies) to Bloomfield and his HOP026 team. Only after
our 
agreement will be made, we can realize this idea.

I hope this strange ideas will not disappoint you. We are very happy with
the Hinode
days we were granted for August. This is just an idea to get more for both
HOP026 and 020 groups without any change of the August Hinode schedule.

With best wishes for the weekend

Jan Rybak

TL, 3/8/07

**************************************************************************
* Jan Rybak                   tel.  : ++421 52 7879 156 (111 secretary)  *
* Astronomical Institute      fax   : ++421 52 4467 656                  *
* Slovak Academy of Sciences  email : [email-masked]                      *
* 05960 Tatranska Lomnica     WWW   : http://www.astro.sk/~choc          *
* Slovak Republic                                                        *
**************************************************************************